Friday, June 01, 2012

Book Review: Vayam Rakshamah

I apologize first for my absentee for such a long time. I was kind of busy in my new life and life style. As now I am PhD Scholar and spending much of time of my life in my small laboratory and playing with PC. But around  one month before I started back reading novels and believe me, when I read novels, I feel I am alive....... peace comes in my mind. Eagerness to read the book at earliest is always there but I feel myself very contempt and satisfied.

Although this time there is a small change in book that I have chosen. As you know I am an Indian and my mother tongue is Hindi. When I started reading novels around 10-12 years back, I started with Hindi novels. I read many authors on that time like Munshi Premchand , Bhagwati Charan Verma, Amrita Pritam  and many more.Then I shifted to English novels. Again after long time I read some hindi novels. And believe me, I considered these novels as the best novels I ever read . So here are the review of one of these books.

I also apologize that due to scarcity of time, I am writing review of vayam rakshamah only but according to me reviews of three books are pending for my blog. Actually I am already reading another novel and I am fully involved in that world and could not resist to write reviews of these novels. So, I assure you that you wil receive other two reviews very soon.

Vayam Rakshamah:
This novel is my all time favorite novel. It is written by Acharya Chatursen Shastri. I felt that this book is novel cum documentary of Hindu and Hindutava. Acharya Chatursen Shastri was scholar of Sanskrit. He is Ayurvedacharya in Ayurveda and Shastri in Sanskrit . He had read all Puranas, and Upanishads of  Hindu religion.

The novels starts with the story of Ravana. In this novel Ravana is not a villain while he is a hero. The novels explains the real moto of Ravana's life. What he wants to do. How he has become, so powerful. What is his background. What is his culture. Why he has abducted Sita. It explains many mythological beliefs like does really Hanuman flys or Why Ravana could not marry Sita or how Lakshmana killed Meghnad etc.

In between it also explain about all the Dev, Danav ,Ashur, Barmha and their power and behavior. It describe  with proper logic and facts. According to it, all are kings. It tells you how they ruled, what are the roles of Rishies like Narad, Viswamitra etc. So starting from the first king to till Ravana and after that Rama and their life after Lanka victory, this novel has explained very well.

I will say every person of India and those who want learn hindu culture and hindutav should read this novel. Do not think that , it is another version of Ramayana.  Your perception will change completely about mythological people and culture after reading this book.

Following lines explains the real moto of Ravan.
"रावण, भगवन शिव से कहता है:

'हम रक्षा करते हैं। यही हमारी रक्ष-संस्कृति है। आप देवाधिदेव हैं। आप देखते ही हैं कि आर्यों ने आदित्यों से पृथक् होकर भारतखण्ड में आर्यावर्त बना लिया है। वे निरन्तर आर्यजनों को बहिष्कृत कर दक्षिणारण्य में भेजते रहते हैं। दक्षिणारण्य में इन बहिष्कृत वेद-विहीनव्रात्यों के अनेक जनपद स्थापित हो गये हैं। फिर भारतीय सागर के दक्षिण तट पर अनगिनत द्वीप-समूह हैं, जहां सब आर्य, अनार्य, आगत, समागत, देव, यक्ष, पितर, नाग, दैत्य, दानव, असुर परस्पर वैवाहिक सम्बन्ध करके रहते हैं। फिर भी सबकी संस्कृति भिन्न है, परन्तु हमारा सभी का एक ही नृवंश है और हम सब परस्पर दायाद बान्धव हैं। मैं चाहता हूं कि मेरी रक्ष-संस्कृति में सभी का समावेश हो, सभी की रक्षा हो। इसी से मैंने वेद् का नया संस्करण किया है और उसमें मैंने सभी दैत्यों-दानवों की रीति-परम्पराओं को भी समावेशित किया है, जिससे हमारा सारा ही नृवंश एक वर्ग और एक संस्कृति के अन्तर्गत वृद्घिगत हो। आप देखते हैं कि गत एक सौ वर्षों में तेरह देवासुर-संग्राम हो चुके, जिनमें इन बस दायाद् बान्धवों ने परस्पर लड़कर अपना ही रक्त बहाया। विष्णु ने दैत्यों से कितने छल किए। देवगण अब भी अनीति करते हैं। काश्यप सागर-तट की सारी दैत्यभूमि आदित्यों ने छलद्घबल से छीनी है। अब सुन रहा हूं कि देवराट् इन्द्र चौदहवें देवासुर-संग्राम की योजना बना रहा है। ये सब संघर्ष तथा युद्घ तभी रोके जा सकते हैं, जब सारा नृवंश एक संस्कृति के अधीन हो इसीलिये मैंने अपनी वह रक्ष-संस्कृति प्रतिष्ठित की है।'"

Another interesting fact about Vayam Raksham is the Indian Coast Guard's motto is वयम रक्षामः (Vayam Rakshamah), which translates from Sanskrit as We Protect.


Happy Thinking Naturally..........

No comments:

Post a Comment